Welcome to Wyoming City Schools
We are so happy your child is joining our school community!
Please mark your calendars and plan to attend the
Wyoming Primary Schools
2023-2024 Kindergarten Information Meeting
6:30 p.m. Thursday, February 23, 2023
Elm School, 134 Elm Avenue
Please find the steps for enrolling your child in kindergarten below. Only those students who have turned five (5) on or before September 30, 2023, are eligible for kindergarten in August 2023. To be eligible for enrollment, you must reside within the school district boundaries and demonstrate proof of residency as stated.
*Enrollment for kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year begins on February 23, 2023*
*Enrollment for grades 1-12 for the 2023-2024 school year begins on May 1, 2023*
Kindergarten Registration: Two Important Steps
On or after Feb. 23, 2023, click here to complete the 2023-2024 Online Registration Process. The option to register for the 2023-2024 school year will go live at 9 p.m. Thursday, February 23.
- Part of this process includes indicating your preferences for the 2023-2024 school year. Completion of this process saves your place in line for your full-day/half-day preference.
- Selecting a school building during this process let's us know your building preference. School building placement is not guaranteed and is based upon a number of factors, including half-day program location, sibling school attendance, class size, etc.
- Half-Day/Full-Day program assignment letters are distributed by US mail in early April.
- Building assignment letters are distributed through US mail by May 15.
- Teacher/classroom assignments are sent through email the first week in August.
- Please make sure you have selected the 2023-2024 school year when registering. Selecting the current school year (2022-2023) and completing the process will not get you registered for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Your online registration process (Step 1) is complete when you have made your in-person appointment. You must attend your in-person appointment and provide required documents (Step 2) to be registered for kindergarten.
Click here for instructions on completing the FinalForms Online Registration Process.
(If you have an older child enrolled in Wyoming City Schools, you already have a Final Forms account. If that is the case, you can log into your account, skip page one of the linked instructions, and go directly to Registering a Student on Page 2.)
Your online FinalForms registration forms must be completed before your in-person Kindergarten Registration appointment. You will have the opportunity to schedule your registration appointment at the end of this online process. Registration appointments are available 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday & Tuesday, March 6 & 7 and 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, March 8.
Bring your documents to your in-person Kindergarten Registration Appointment. If requesting the full-day kindergarten program, bring your signed tuition agreement and program deposit.
Attend your registration appointment and bring the documentation outlined below:
- Child's birth certificate - How to obtain copy of child’s birth certificate
- Child's immunization record
- Parental proof of identity (valid photo ID or passport)
- Proof of address/residency within Wyoming City School District*
- Court-ordered guardianship papers, if the student resides with someone other than a biological parent
- Custody agreement/court order, if parents are separated or divorced
- IEP (Individual Education Program) and/or 504 documentation, if applicable
*Proof of address/residency: Residency is determined by the following: being physically present in a household for significant periods of time; where important family activities take place each day, including sleeping, eating, working, relaxing and playing; where the parent receives mail or where the parent is registered to vote, if applicable. Proof of residency shall be required for all newly enrolled students and any student whose address changes. Please bring a gas, electric, or water statement dated within the last 30 days (we cannot take a cable bill) and one document from the list below to prove address and residency:
Homeowner Deed (or a printout from Hamilton County Auditor's website)
Mortgage Statement (dated within the previous 60 days and addressed to parent/guardian at the residence
Settlement Sheet that provides the property address and the name(s) or the mortgagee(s)/property owner(s)
Rental Agreement signed by both landlord and tenant with landlord's contact information
Parent Residency & Property Owner Affidavits with the required proof of residency documents for those who are living with another person or on a month-to-month lease agreement. Affidavits must be updated on an annual basis:
Affidavit F - Personal Affidavit
Affidavit G - Property Owner/Landlord Affidavit
For those with a home under purchase agreement or a home under construction:
A sworn statement to the Superintendent from the parent(s) who is planning to purchase or build a home and a statement from the real estate broker (a copy of the purchase contract) or home builder confirming approval of purchase or construction. Tuition-free attendance up to 90 calendar days may be granted with the permission of the Superintendent.
We welcome you to Wyoming City Schools and wish your family all the best!
Please contact Principal Gina Kirchner at email@example.com with any kindergarten questions you may have.